Sunday 22 April 2012

at peace...



Those sharp lines, the alluring pull of power...
Elegant, with the gleaming of any metal...
My hand caressed over its cold body...
The toy of death, heavy in my palm...
Fits like parts of a jigsaw...
Felt like it’s made for this moment...

An epiphany... an urging clout to do something insane...
To pull that trigger... to do something heretic...
The futility of the life pushed me more...
And in a capricious, inebriated moment...
My mind bowed to that whim...

The toy vomited a metal bead, a bead detached from its cocoon...
Propelled with the force of fire, swirling through that barrel...
It seared through my temple...
Making a tunnel through my memories and drilling my skull...

Numbness... no images flashed through my eyes...
No noise heard and no throbbing pain...
Only the wetness of dripping blood through the vacuum of my temple...
And my torso collapsed to the ground...
Floor becomes crimson and wetness was the last thing I sensed...
And finally I was at peace....

2 comments:

  1. ah impulsive.... nijooo i have an urge to the pull the trigger too now... wat a fab poem! this is ur best so far! mind blowing.... hats off man!! and the peace... how i crave it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too... and to lie there in my own pool of blood....

      and thanq niya...

      Delete