Thursday 3 September 2015

Lion in the Bench


lion_fire_art_wallpapers_3

It was a sweet slumber. Until something bit on my legs. Maybe it was one of those thousand mosquitoes in our neighbourhood. Or maybe an ant or some other insects crawling on our floor. Whomever it may, that bite gave me a stinging pain. And my sweet slumber was gone. I was deranged. And I couldn’t get my sleep again. So with a really bad mood I got up and came outside our room and sat there. Trying to enjoy the dawn.
That’s when it hit me. Am hungry. So I decided to go out and to have a tea. I went to the usual milma booth which always satiate this dawn cravings and had a tea. Then I thought why not go for a walk in the nearby “Sarovaram Bio Park”? So for my crazy thoughts I went there.
Then it all changed. It was like my surroundings changed instantly and everything around me started to feel so lively and with so much emotions. I don’t know what caused it. What changed? Is it me or the other?
There was so much life. Many people practicing yoga. Many doing their own exercises. To burn those extra calories or to have healthier life. All were so energetic. Maybe the only odd one was me. I was neither there to burn any calories, nor to make my life healthier. It was an epiphany. And I followed it and boy, do I felt wonderful? It was such a peace of mind.
Even the dirty water flowing through the nearby canal and its foul smell couldn’t destroy the feel. I walked to the end of the walkway. And sat there on one of the benches facing the pond in the park. I could overhear the talks of elders exercising there. They were analysing the stories of their younger generation. Even wondering about them. I felt funny. Maybe one day I will also be wondered about my younger generations too.
The water in the pond was kind of a blackish green. And it shimmered with the morning light rays. It catch my attention. The water was so alive too. There were lots of dragonflies flying over the pond. And when they touch the water there were ripples. Magnificent ripples colliding with one another. It was a sight to watch. And one large yellow headed bee was drinking honey from flowers near the pond. He was a big one, with black colour. But its yellow head gave it a distinctive look. And its motion had such a grace which could even shame a prima ballerina.
The boats floating in the pond for the visitors were empty. Different kinds of them. But the most striking ones was just in front of me. Four of them, with face of a swan. One was coloured dark green, one red, one yellow and the last one a light green. Maybe their colour and the angle which they lay there gave their faces emotions. The dark green was intimidating. I thought he was the head of that family. The red one had a feminine expression. Her gaze was sensual. The yellow one was shyer. He was always behind the red girl. Hiding behind her. Not giving me a direct look. And whenever I saw his face there was mischief in his eyes. And the last one; the light green one. I thought she’s the mother of the flock. Her face was so calm. Her face radiated a motherly kindness and love. To which we could always run to, even if we are in the deepest of troubles. I sat there watching her calm face, which made me so relaxed. And after some time I started back to my room.
And that’s when I noticed… the lions. Don’t get me wrong. Not the real ones. But there was engravings at the end of those bench handles. They were of a lions face. It surprised me. I had been to that park many times. But never did I noticed those lions; or the bee or the elders’ gossips or any of those liveliness. But today they all hit me like hammer. Even the chilly wind made me happy. It gave me Goosebumps and then I thanked the mosquito or the ant for waking me up.
These small surprises could make your day. The only thing which we should do is just to open our eyes and enjoy what’s in front of them and live the moment. And the chilly wind again blow on my face and I gave it a sweetest of smile.

PS: When I opened a lap to type these crazy things, the desktop wallpaper which welcomed was of a magnificent lion’s. With his thick mane and royal gaze he again stunned me to my core.

Image courtesy: http://www.thepowerwithinus.co.uk/2015/08/07/ascension-guidance-the-lions-gate-888/

1 comment:

  1. You know, the world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you. But until you start believing in yourself, ya ain’t gonna have a life.

    ReplyDelete